How I care about your personal information
Hi there! This URL https://www.msemilymay.com, is owned and operated by Emily May and my business Mindful Marketing Maven ABN 21 837 714 129.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact me at email@example.com. I am happy to answer any relevant questions.
I choose to voluntarily comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
I understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so I also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
In this policy I will describe how I manage your personal information.1. The kinds of personal information I collect
If you engage with me via this website, or choose to become my client I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
2. How I collect and use your personal information
- contact details;
- your name and email address when you opt in to my email newsletter or download one of my freebies;
- your mailing address for the country in which you live and your phone number if you book one of my services;
- your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you;
- information that allows me to tailor my content to your needs when you sign up for one of my webinars or promotional events;
- with your consent, I may collect your IP address, and information about your browsing history to help me improve the usability and appeal of my website. More information about this is found in the section on Cookies below;
- if you are an employee or prospective employee, information about your qualifications, skills and work experience; and
- if you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices.
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
- you contact me with a question, comment or inquiry; an opt-in form for my mailing list or free download;
- when you email me;
- you attend a seminar or event where I am hosting or presenting;
- you correspond with me on a social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, ClubHouse, Pinterest or similar sites;
- you purchase a product or service from me;
- you provide information relating to your business;
- a third party refers you to me or supplies information to me about you; or
I may collect, hold and use your personal information in order to:
- respond to your enquiries
- provide you with relevant news and updates about my services
- improve this website and the services I provide
I will only collect your personal information:
3. I may collect, hold and use your sensitive information
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me with information or visit my website;
- if I need it to provide you with information or services that you request;
- if I am legally required to collect it;
- for necessary administrative processes if you become my client; or
- if I believe that I can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although I will always give you a choice to opt out.
I understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive, and that you are trusting me to keep this information confidential.
I will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- through my intake form in Calendly when you book an appointment with me;
- through my onboarding form in ClickUp when you enrol in one of my programs;
- in a Zoom consultation or face to face;
- when you send me information in an email (please note that email may not be sufficiently secure – if the information is extremely sensitive, ask me about alternative ways to share it with me).
The reason why I collect this information is:
- so that I can provide you with the services you have requested from me;
- to ensure that I am providing you with the most appropriate services.
The sensitive information I ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
4. Opting out of marketing communications
- Your birth date (for gift giving purposes)
- Your business history
- Your photo
I may, from time to time, send you newsletters, invitations and updates about my services. I will only do so if you have requested to receive such communications. You can opt out of receiving any further such communications by notifying me using our contact details below, or by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of any marketing email received from me.5. Security
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
- Sensitive information is stored on a password-protected computer.
- I am the only person who has access to it
- Some sensitive information may be stored securely online, or in the cloud through Dropbox, iCloud, Clickup and Agiled. You can find out more about their security provisions in the section on Security below.
All archived sensitive information is securely destroyed after 7 years.
You may choose not to provide me with your sensitive information. However, if you choose not to be completely honest with me, I may not be able to provide you with the services that you request. 6. Use of Personal Information
Reasons why I may disclose your information include:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to send you products associated with the service you have purchased
In order to do this, I may share some relevant information - on a strictly need to know basis - with:
7. Legal disclosure
- my virtual assistant (VA)
- Australia Post or courier companies
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where I have reasonable grounds to suspect that someone is engaging in unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to my functions or activities, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your information in this context, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.8. Disclosure overseas
I will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your information while in my possession or control. I will not knowingly share any of your information with any third party other than the service providers who assist me in providing the information and/or services I am providing to you.
To the extent that I do share your information with a service provider, I would only do so if that party has agreed to comply with our privacy standards or I am satisfied that the service provider has a suitably protective policy of their own. Some of my service providers may be overseas and may not be subject to Australian Privacy Laws or GDPR. Please contact me if you have any concerns about the potential disclosure of your information.9. Security
I take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal and sensitive information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your information by:
- risk management;
- storing files securely;
- ensuring that only I have access to sensitive information;
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis;
- conducting regular audits of my security systems.
As mentioned above, your information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy. The following security policies may apply during our work together:
- Agiled - https://agiled.app/legal/privacy-policy/
- Calendly - https://calendly.com/privacy
- ClickUp - https://clickup.com/privacy
- Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/security
- Facebook ads - https://www.facebook.com/business/m/privacy-and-data
- Flodesk - https://www.privacypolicies.com/privacy/view/bb9c8c7ecbee39b15f2f5be574def422
- Google Workspace - https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_au/security/
- Instagram - https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
- Membervault - https://membervault.co/privacy/
- Showit - https://showit.co/privacy/
- ThriveCart - https://legal.thrivecart.com/platform/privacy/
- Vimeo - https://vimeo.com/privacy
- Zoom - https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/privacy-and-security.html
From time to time I may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- Facebook Pixel
- Google Analytics
- Personal contact
If you do not wish this to occur, please contact me.10. Cookies & Google Analytics
I may also use these cookies to collect information about how often my ads are being shown to you and which ads you have been shown.
I use Google Analytics to collect information about your use of my website so that I can get strategic information about how my website is being used and improve its functionality. You can find out more about the information Google collects and how it is used here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Google also provides an add-on for your browser that you can use to opt-out and prevent your data being used by Google Analytics. You can access that add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout11. Access to Information
You can contact me to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available to you within 30 days. 12. Complaints
If you are not satisfied with my response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
13. Notification of Change
14. Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.